Before making your request, please check to see what items we can catalogue.
To make a cataloguing request by sending your resources to SCIS, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into SCIS.
- Click on the Cataloguing services tab.
- Click on the Create new request button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select Add new record.
- Complete the Add new record form. Particular field to note:
- As you are able to physically send the resource to SCIS, under Can you send this physical resource? select Yes.
- Once you have completed all required fields, click Save record.
- If you have more than one item to be catalogued, click Add new record at the bottom of the form and repeat steps 5–6. Once you have entered all items, click Proceed to submit. Note: The Proceed button will only work if all the required information has been added. If it is not working, check to make sure you have not left a field empty. If all fields have been filled out and the “Proceed” button does not work, it may be you have entered in an ISBN for an item that has already been catalogued. Please search all ISBNs in your order and remove any ones that have been catalogued.
- You will be given a Request summary that lists the items you have requested. As you have chosen to physically send in your items, select the nearest depot to you. SCIS auto-populates the most appropriate depot location based on your account details.
- Once you have reviewed the details of your cataloguing request, click Confirm.
- You will receive confirmation of your request. You will also see your postage slip for this request. Print this postage slip and attach it to the parcel/s you send to SCIS.
- Send your parcel/s to SCIS. Make sure to:
- pack the resources carefully in a clearly labelled and sealed container, in order to ensure that the contents arrive safely
- include the postage slip on each package
- ensure the weight of each package does not exceed 10 kilograms (equivalent weight of 4 reams of A4 paper)
- indicate if there are any resources in the batch that require urgent attention
- ensure your school stamp is on the resources
- ensure that your barcode label does not obscure the ISBN or any publication details such as date, place of publication, etc.
- send in all components of a multipart item, including its container (if any)
- cover all costs for transport, delivery and return of the resources – certain jurisdictions will have special instructions for this, for more information please see our help article Where do I send items to be catalogued?
- if you have any concerns about your delivery, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can keep track of you cataloguing requests. For more information, see help article How do I view my catalogue requests?
Once cataloguing has been completed, we will notify you of the completion.