In some cases, one ISBN is used for a number of different resources. In these cases, our system will give you either the most recent record of that ISBN or the option to select your particular item from a list. You can choose how duplicate ISBNs are presented to you by changing your account preferences.
If you are getting a Quick scan result that does not match the item you ordered, it likely means that your account’s ISBN duplicate preference has been set give you the most recent record only. You can follow the instructions below to change this setting:
- Make sure you are logged into your school/organisation’s SCIS account.
- Click on your school's username on the top right-hand side of the page.
- Select My profile from the drop-down menu.
- Select School/Organisation settings from the left-hand side of the page.
- Scroll down to the section titled Cataloguing settings. Here, you’ll see the option for ISBN duplicates.
- Select your preferred option. To be notified when a duplicate ISBN has been returned, select Prompt me to choose from a list.
- Click on Save changes at the bottom of the page.
- Perform another Quick scan order for the ISBN in question. This time, you will receive a list of all SCIS records that have this ISBN. There will be the option to remove the records you do not want before proceeding to download.
- If your item still does not appear on this list, it may not have a SCIS catalogue record available. In this case, you can request the item to be catalogued by SCIS (see our How do I make an online cataloguing request?).