You can download records simply and efficiently via our Quick scan page. Please follow the instructions below.
- Log into SCIS.
- Click on the Download tab.
- Enter a name for this download in the Download name field (optional).
- There are several options for ordering records:
- Scan or enter ISBN, ISSN, ISMN and SCIS numbers in the box titled Scan or enter ISBN, ISSN, ISMN and SCIS numbers. If entering manually, please make sure to enter one number per line. Using a barcode scanner is preferred as it is more accurate, efficient and the cursor automatically moves to the next line.
- Upload a file that already contains the ISBN, ISSN, ISMN and SCIS numbers, either by dragging and dropping your file into the Import records from CSV files box, or by clicking on the Upload CSV button in the box. Please make sure that the file you upload is in .txt format, with one number entered per line.
- If you have video or sound recordings, search for their titles under Search for video and sound recordings. As you start typing into the text box, a drop down list will appear as it searches the catalogue. If you see your title listed, select it to add to the download list.
- Once you have entered all items, click on Create request at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to a page showing your download request, where you will have the options to view the Matched records and Unmatched records.
- In the Matched records list, you can look through the list and review which records you want to keep to download and which to remove from the list. For any that you wish to remove, select them by clicking the corresponding check box on the right hand side, and then click on Remove selected records at the bottom of the page.
- You can view any items that were not found in the SCIS catalogue on the Unmatched records page. Here, you can request cataloguing for these items. Tick the box to the left of the item, and select the # Catalogue requests button on the top-right hand side of the page. (See Sending resources to SCIS for cataloguing)
- Once you are satisfied with your records list, click on Download records button at the top of the Matched records list.
- Depending on the settings for your internet browser, the file containing your records will download and auto-save in your Downloads folder on your PC, or a Save as window will open up. Save as provides the option to select where to save the file or to change the file name (optional).
- Once your download is complete, open your library management system and import the downloaded records as well as any available cover images. As all library systems are different, we recommend if you require assistance, to please contact your vendor.
- Please note, you can access your download request by clicking on your school's name on the top right-hand corner of the page, and selecting My download requests from the drop-down menu. Further information can be found in our help article Where can I view my download requests?
Article is closed for comments.