Before making your request, please check to see what items we can catalogue.
We also highly encourage you to physically send in your cataloguing request item, as it allows us to create the best possible record. For instructions, please refer to our article Sending resources to SCIS for cataloguing.
If you are really unable to send you resource to us for cataloguing, then you can make an online cataloguing request:
- Log into SCIS.
- Click on the Cataloguing services tab.
- Click on the Create new request button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select Add new record.
- Complete the Add new record form. Particular fields to note:
- As you are unable to physically send the resource to SCIS, under Can you send this physical resource? select No.
- Under Additional information, enter as much information as you can about the item. Eg. Large print, language other than English, foreword i-xii, paperback, hard cover, information about each item in a boxed set/collection, etc.
- Upload images of the item’s front and back covers, imprint, title page, introductory page, and any other pages that you think would be helpful and contains information you would like to see in the catalogue record. Our system accepts all image file formats. Make sure the images themselves are clear and the information contained within legible.
- Once you have completed all required fields, click Save record.
- If you have more than one item to be catalogued, click Add new record at the bottom of the form and repeat steps 5–6. Once you have entered all items, click Proceed to submit. Note: The Proceed button will only work if all the required information has been added. If it is not working, check to make sure you have not left a field empty. If all fields have been filled out and the “Proceed” button does not work, it may be you have entered in an ISBN for an item that has already been catalogued. Please search all ISBNs in your order and remove any ones that have been catalogued.
- You will be given a Request summary that lists the items you have requested.
- Once you have reviewed the details of your cataloguing request, click Confirm.
You can keep track of your cataloguing requests. For more information, please refer to the help article How do I view my catalogue requests?
Note: Items such as posters and charts, DVDs, CDs, kits and sets must be sent physically to a SCIS cataloguing depot in order for us to catalogue them.