SCIS provides full bibliographic records which include:
- a unique SCIS identifier
- standard international identifiers including ISBNs (both 10 and 13 digit), ISSNs and EANs
- full and abridged Dewey Decimal Classification numbers for non-fiction items
- genre headings for fiction
- subject headings for all items, including fiction
- subject headings suitable for use by school students and staff in primary and secondary schools
- subject headings that use Australasian terminology which reflects changes in curriculum
- enhanced content with notes, such as contents notes and summaries, where applicable.
All SCIS records are compatible with international standards and conventions such as Resource Description and Access (RDA) and the SCIS Standards For Cataloguing And Data Entry.