SCIS provides full bibliographic records which include:
- a unique SCIS identifier
- standard international identifiers including ISBNs (both 10 and 13 digit), ISSNs and EANs
- full and abridged Dewey Decimal Classification numbers for non-fiction items
- genre headings for fiction
- subject headings for all items, including fiction
- subject headings suitable for use by school students and staff in primary and secondary schools
- enhanced content with notes, such as contents notes and summaries, where applicable.
All SCIS records are compatible with international standards and conventions such as Resource Description and Access (RDA) and the SCIS Standards For Cataloguing and Data Entry.
MARC records downloaded from SCIS do not include Additional Terms or content from third-parties such as Syndetics and LibraryThing for Libraries.
Article is closed for comments.