MARC-21 is a standard data format managed by the Library of Congress and used commonly in library management systems throughout the world. MARC-21 files often contain the file extension ‘.mrc’. You generally cannot open these files by double-clicking on them – they are intended to be imported into your library management system.
Articles in this section
- My item is over 10 years old – can it still be catalogued?
- Sending resources to SCIS for cataloguing
- How do I make an online cataloguing request?
- How do I view my catalogue requests?
- Where do I send items to be catalogued?
- Cataloguing settings
- What does SCIS include in each bibliographic record?
- What are the SCIS cataloguing standards?
- In what format does SCIS provide its data?
- What items does SCIS catalogue?