SCIS is compatible with all library management systems. There are two ways of importing SCIS records into your library management system:
- Importing SCIS records directly into your library management system via Z39.50. Please see What is Z39.50?
- Manually importing SCIS records downloaded from the SCIS website. Please note, as all library management systems are different, we are unable to provide detailed instructions for this step, however the general process would be as follows:
- Open your library management system, and follow your system's prompts for importing files.
- During this process you will be prompted to locate and select the downloaded SCIS Data file that you previously downloaded from the SCIS website.
- Once you complete the import process, all the catalogue records that were in the SCIS Data file should now be in your library management system.
- If you require further assistance with importing files into your library management system, please contact your library system vendor.
- Note: SCIS records are downloaded in the form of a zip file. If you are unfamiliar with zip files, please see our article My download is a zip file. What do I do?.